The Saskatchewan Capital Network (SCN) is a member-based, non-profit organization. Our objectives are:
- To facilitate private investment in early-stage and growth-focused companies
- To encourage entrepreneurship where there is a potential to build sustainable and successful business
- To provide mechanisms to bridge the funding gap between entrepreneurs and investors; and
- To provide tools, education and advice to investors and entrepreneurs
Who are SCN’s Members?
Membership is open to individuals or corporations that are accredited investors and support the objectives of SCN.
Persons eligible for membership in the Network shall be persons who:
(a) are “accredited investors” within the meaning of The Securities Act, 1988 (Saskatchewan) and National Instrument 45-106, or any similar replacement classification as determined by the Board. This subsection shall not apply to continuing members who were a member as of July 7, 2015;
(b) uphold and support the objects of the Network; and
(c) comply with other requirements as determined by the Board from time to time, including the payment of fees.
Please confirm if you qualify as an accredited investor
See section 1.1 of National Instrument 45-106 Prospectus Exemptions and section 3.5 of Companion Policy 45-106CP Prospectus Exemptions (“Legal Requirements”) for a definition of “accredited investor”. The following is only a summary of the requirements, and if there is any conflict with the Legal Requirements, the Legal Requirements apply:
Accredited Investor includes:
- Financial institutions, pension and investment funds, corporations with at least $5,000,000 in net assets and certain high net value individuals.
- An individual if he or she, together with his or her spouse has:
- Financial assets (includes cash and securities, excludes value of individual’s residence) exceeding $1,000,000, or;
- Pre-tax net income of at least $300,000 (or $200,000 without a spouse) in each of the two most recent calendar years and a reasonable expectation of exceeding that net income level in the current calendar year.
Please note that SCN provides only an investment matching process. SCN does not undertake due diligence or make investment recommendations. Entrepreneurs and investors are responsible for completing their own due diligence and reaching their own investment conclusions.
Applications for membership will be reviewed by the Board of Directors. The Board may accept or reject any application without reasons and shall notify the applicant of their decision.
Membership Fee: $250/annually